Books and Other Publications
- Coping with Prednisone and Other Cortisone-Related Medicines, a book by E. Zukerman and J. Inglefinger, ISBN 0312155026, 176 pages. Published 8/97, St. Martin's Press, $21.95. Paperback edition, ISBN 0312195702, 208 pages, published 10/98.
- "The Internet and the Changing Roles of Doctors, Patients, and Families," an article by Patrick J. Pemberton and Jack Goldblatt, printed in the Medical Journal of Australia, 1998; 169: 594-595. This article embraces the concept of informed patients and use of their websurfing skills to enhance their medical care through an increasing partnership between physician and patient.
- "LungNet - Learn About Lung Health", has a fairly long list of fact sheets about such topics as "Sarcoidosis," "Chronic Cough in Adults," "Lung Function Tests," "Bronchoscopy," and "Corticosteroid Therapy in Respiratory Disorders."
- "Your Guide to Sarcoidosis,"
an informational publication from the National Institutes of Health. For ordering information, please call (301) 496-4143 or use this Contact link
- "Sarcoidosis," an article prepared by the American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association, Inc., Michigan National Bank Building, 15475 Gratiot Avenue, Detroit MI 48205. Phone: (313) 371-8600. Contact them for a reprint.
"Sarcoidosis," an informational article prepared by the Illinois Department of Public Health for Healthbeat.
- "Sarcoidosis," an article by Lee S. Newman, MD; Cecile S. Rose, MD, MPH; and Lisa A. Maier, MD (NJMRC). Published in the New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 336, Number 17, April 24, 1997. Reprints available from the NEJM, but cost $10 each plus S&H.
- "Sarcoidosis," a publication by the World Association of Sarcoidosis and Other Granulomatous Disorders (WASOG) that may be available only to members or professionals. I have been unable to obtain more information about it.
- "Sarcoidosis: A Primary Care Review,"
by Mark H. Belfer, D.O. and R. Wayne Stevens, M.D., published in the December 1998 issue of the American Family Physician.
An informational article about sarcoidosis written in language for the layman. Includes a patient handout,
"You Have Sarcoidosis, What Does This Mean to You?"
- "Sarcoidosis, Concise Review for Primary-Care Physicians,"an article by Richard A. DeRemee, M.D., 1995. Send reprint request to Dr. R.A. DeRemee, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Clinic Rochester, 200 First Street SW, Rochester MN 55905 (USA)
- "Sarcoidosis for the Patient," an informational article by D.Geraint James (WASOG), modified by Norman T. Soskel, M.D. (SRI).
Special Note: Information about members of WASOG and other useful addresses at end of article.
- Sarcoidosis and Other Granulomatous Disorders, by D. Geraint James, President of WASOG, ISBN 0824791266, 859 pages. Published 1994, Marcel Dekker Inc, $195.00.
Special Note: This book may be expensive but is very thorough and contains chapters by various specialists in sarcoidosis.
- Sarcoidosis Resource Guide and Directory, by Sandra Conroy, President NSRC, ISBN 0963122258. Published in 1992 by PC Publications for $19.95.
- "Should Patients Have Access to Their Medical Records?" by Meredith Carter, printed in the Medical Journal of Australia, 1998; 169: 596-597. An article outlining the benefits of patients having access to their own medical records, a right which does not presently exist in much of Australia with regard to the private medical sector.
- "Understanding Sarcoidosis -- Information for Patients,"
an informational fact sheet for patients of Dr. Roger K. A. Allen, Australian sarcoidosis specialist in Brisbane, Queensland. Includes list and description of tests performed to determine diagnosis of sarcoidosis.
- In Focus -- Contact the American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association, Michigan National Bank Building, 15475 Gratiot Avenue, Detroit MI 48205 for information about subscribing.
- LungNet National News -- Contact the Australian Lung Foundation (ALF) in Australia at 1-800-654-301 to be placed on the mailing list for this quarterly newsletter.
- Sarcoidosis Community Newsletter -- Online newsletter at the National Sarcoidosis Resource Center (NSRC) website.
- Sarcoidosis Networking -- Contact the Sarcoid Networking Association, 13925 80th Street East, Puyallup WA 98372-3714 for information about this bi-monthly newsletter.
- The Sarcoid Byte Newsletter -- Online newsletter at the Sarcoidosis Worldwide Support Group (SWSG) website.
NOTE: If anyone wants to have a copy of any articles listed, does not have access to a printer and/or cannot find the article in the library, please feel free to contact me and I will send you a copy.
Back to top